Everyone knows that if you are going to operate a business in today’s world you need a domain name. It is advisable to look at the domain name selected as other see it and not just as you think it looks. Failure to do this may result in situations such as the following (legitimate) companies who deal in everyday humdrum products and services but clearly didn’t give their domain names enough consideration:
1. A site called ‘Who Represents‘ where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity. Their domain name… wait for it… is
2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at
3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at
4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
5. Then of course, there’s the Italian Power Generator company…
6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
7. If you’re looking for computer software, there’s always
8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is
9. Then, of course, there’s these brainless art designers, and their whacky website:
10. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at
But wait! There’s more!: Independent Sources’ list of unnecessary redundancies repeated more than once. If that’s not enough, see 100 Things you do not want to hear from your System Administrator! We have other posts about clueless businesses here. And
“Oh no! Mom and Dad are on MySpace again!”
Hat tip: Pat D. … the original source seems to be grupthink.
Don’t forget to add Independent Sources to your RSS reader!
Similar Independent Sources posts:
- Schwarzenegger To Dash Independent Sources’ Hopes?: The day after his re-election, there is speculation that Arnold Schwarzenegger's next race will be for Barbara Boxer's Senate seat in 2010. Which woul ...
- Villaraigosa For Sale? Independent Sources Buys 2009 Domains: Today as Independent Sources investigated an unsolicited message received from Senator Barbara Boxer we learned that the Los Angeles mayoral candidate ...
- Stupid + Litigious = Douchebag: An absolutely hilarious exchange between some douchebag named Richard Figueroa at the blog TechCrunch concerning a link from Google (or as Figueroa ca ...
- On Topic (Kelo), Minus Our Usual Witty Commentary: The California State Association of Counties published a list of bills currently in the Legislature that address eminent domain post-Kelo. You can see ...
- Katrina Relief Worker Blogging: Though Independent Sources prefers to wait for Spike Lee's race-bating fictional version of the Katrina aftermath, those of you who can't wait SPC Van ...