Castro, born in 1926, was trained as a lawyer and was supposedly a hell of a ball player before becoming a murderous dictator, and general pain in the butt to the USA. Although he is credited with improving Cuba’s health care and educational systems, he is also blamed for the generalized depression of Cuba’s economy since the 1960’s.
Personally I hope that if he is dead relations with Cuba normalize in a realtively quick fashion. Firstly because every Cuban woman I have ever known has been smokin hot (ala Daisy Fuentes) and secondly it will leave that turd Hugo Chavez hangin.
pictured above Daisy Fuentes
Update: Looks like this news is
wrong a little premature. However one day it will be correct and remember that you heard it here first.
Update: I have been checking around, lots of background noise nothing specific on either alive or dead. Venzualean TV carried an announcement of Castro’s death at 4:44pm 11/Jul but has since pulled the announcement. Hugo Chavez while discussing the recently published American transition plan for Cuba states “Fidel is tronger than ever”
The Jawa Report has more.
Update #4: The rumor that Castro is dead is still hanging around. Orbusmax (kind of a Pacific Northwest Drudge Report has picked up on it now, proving a link back to Babalu blog, who highlights the following:
- Hugo Chavez supposedly took an “urgent flight” to Cuba yesterday afternoon along with other high ranking Cuban officials. Details or news accounts of same unavailable.
- Granma once again published articles profiling Raul Castro, heir apparent to the dictator throne.
- WHPC reports that there is much action in Cuba at the moment, with reports from Granma stating that workers are “waging a fierce battle” in attempts to have construction and other related project complete for a huge July 26 island wide celebration. WHPC also speculates that said projects and celebration and construction may be some kind of secret preparations for an elaborate state funeral for the bearded dictator.
Babalu goes on to say he has received conflicting information from on the island it self and that he has received on rumor that Fidel is alive but mentally incapcitated due to Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s.
Alex at Yo No Mas! takes exception to the publication of the rumors. Sorry Alex, but it was interesting so I wrote about it. Alex does have some pictures showing exactly why Castro needs to be out of power dead or otherwise.
Update 7/31/06: Castro not dead yet. Well at least we think he’s alive. Time for another rumor.
8/11/06: Castro’s missing
Update 8/13/06: Castro still alive with photos to prove it.
Update 8/14/06: Photographic Evidence Fidel and Hugo are getting it on.
Update: Cuban newspaper confirms
Similar Independent Sources posts:
- Still no word from the Castros.: Immortal Brain Eating Zombie option looking less likely It has been 13 days since Fidel Castro temporarily turned over power to his brother Raul. Sin ...
- Fidel Castro Dead ? Sorry No.: Castro visit changes tenor of trade summit - Yahoo! News Completely repudiating the extensive July 11th coverage of Castro's supposed death he was spo ...
- Fidel Castro Dead Again? or Immortal Brain Eating Zombie?: Fidel Castro turned over the reins of power to his brotherRaul before undergoing surgery yesterday. Nothing particularly abnormal in that, something s ...
- Castro Still Alive And The Commies Have The Pictures To Prove It: Castro Photos Appear in Communist Paper - New York Times The New York Times is reporting that Fidel Castro is still alive and recovering from his surg ...
- Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez shared Tres horas de emotivo intercambio: Per Granma (the official newspaper in Cuba) Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro shared "Three hours of tender intercourse" ( Tres horas de emotivo intercambi ...