Any time a post leads with “the Republican attack machine can’t touch the moral center, the logical incision, or the factual accuracy of California Senator Barbara Boxer’s speeches,” you have to question whether you’re dealing with satire or just delusion.
But when honest conservatives get smeared as anti-semitic, it’s no longer funny.
In a post titled “Republicans Driven to Anti-Semitism in Criticism of Barbara Boxer,” Boxer2008.com tars PoliPundit and a site we’re unfamiliar with, TheRealityCheck, with using “the tools of bigotry” because the word “yenta” appears on their sites.
Boxer2008.com’s post illustrates something, but it isn’t anti-semitism on the part of those two bloggers. The word is used at PoliPundit in a comment. Anyone who’s been blogging for more than a month understands the distinction between posts and comments. In the pursuit of the evil Republicans, Boxer2008.com fails to make this clear.
They also fail to note that the comment is nine months old. This from a site whose defenders think Independent Sources is late to the game because we failed to notice their existence until a week ago (see comment here).
Their other example is just as weak. They also cleverly edit the post in TheRealityCheck to their advantage. Boxer 2008 says
Witness, for instance, the shameless outfit TheRealityCheck as it brays, “I am truly embarrassed by the likes of Ted Kennedy and Barbara Boxer, the ‘yenta’ from Brooklyn, who along with her friends, have ruined a once great social force.”
But the original post has a different flavor:
It is no longer the Democratic party I once knew and loved. As a New York Jew aka “born Democrat” and now “former Democrat,” I am truly embarrassed by the likes of Ted Kennedy and Barbara Boxer, the “yenta” from Brooklyn, who along with her friends, have ruined a once great social force.
Not the same, is it?
Boxer2008.com’s “factual accuracy” ranks right up their with their candidate’s.
From dictionary.com: yenta: “A person, especially a woman, who is meddlesome or gossipy.” Any disagreement on meddlesome?
Similar Independent Sources posts:
- Will Anyone Give Barbara Boxer’s Book A Good Review?: The National Review's John J. Miller has a summary of the worst parts of Barbara Boxer's novel, "A Time To Run." We've covered some before (see the en ...
- Welcome, New Independent Sources Target!: From the new site Boxer2008.com ... We are tired of the lies, the secrecy, and the dishonor that the Republicans have brought to America. We want a st ...
- On The Other Hand, If We Elect The Hat, It Would Be An Improvement: We found this in Craigslist: 3 PC SET US SENATOR BARBARA BOXER T-SHIRT, BOXER SHORTS & CAP - $15 I have a 3 pc set of United States Senator Barbar ...
- Mediocre Approval Ratings For A Mediocre Senator?: Boxer Watch points out that Barbara Boxer isn't doing so well in the approval rating department: In a survey of constituents' approval of their Senato ...
- Early Critique of New Barbara Boxer Novel: She Should Stick To Annoying PR Stunts: From the Sacramento Bee's "The Buzz" column, which got an advance look at Barbara Boxer's forthcoming novel, "A Time To Run": The Buzz is prohibited f ...