From the Associated Press:
A California woman leading an anti-war protest near President George W. Bush’s Texas ranch is being sued for divorce.
Cindy Sheehan — whose son was killed in Iraq — is demanding a personal meeting with the president. She’s said the death of her son created stress that led to the separation from her husband.
Patrick Sheehan filed for divorce Friday in Solano County, northeast of San Francisco.
Cindy Sheehan has been camped near Bush’s ranch in Crawford, Texas, since Aug. 6. Other anti-war activists have joined her.
Independent Sources hopes this one ends up on ‘Divorce Court.’ If irreconcilable differences doesn’t include stalking the President of the United States then nothing does.
1. Smoking Gun has the original petition.
2. Michelle Malkin gets called: ”A self-hating racist b*tch” for her coverage of Sheehan’s inconsistencies. (The only time anything like that happend to Independent Sources was when Scott Peterson’s loonies went after us for a posting we did on those creepy wristbands they are selling).
3. Paterrico on the Los Angeles Times silence on Cindy Sheehan’s calling President Bush a “lying bastard” and a “maniac.”
6. Times of Oman quoting Ms. Sheehan. “How can you spread peace by killing people?”
7. With about 1,584,082 blogs yapping about Ms. Sheehan’s antics, it is safe to say that Gay Patriot is the only person quoting the ancient Greek historian Herodotus who wrote, “In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons.” (That’s called original posting my friends).
8. Angry in the Great White North commenting on Sheehan’s gripes that other liberal groups are muddying her message to bring the troops home. (Indepedent Sources has learned that she did not insist that any such troop withdrawl be done in a “carbon neutral manner” or in such a way that no fossil fuels were burned).
Similar Independent Sources posts:
- Cindy Sheehan’s advice column: Satire site Potfry has a hypothetical Cindy Sheehan advice column including this exchange: Dear Cindy: My cat just jumped off the couch and collapsed. ...
- Sheehan’s Protest Accomplishing Nothing According to Polls and more importantly per Independent Sources: We are loathe to report on the Cindy Sheehan story. But that little voice in our head is telling us that we must, so we are going to get it all out in ...
- Bush Beats Gore in Presidential Run by 2 to 1 Margin: In researching a follow-up to Independent Sources critique of Jonathan Chait’s cement-headed LAT op-ed and specifically how much time Presi ...
- Sharpton Victim of Racial Profiling at 110 mph: Independent Sources just loves this sort of thing: A car carrying the Rev. Al Sharpton led sheriff's deputies on a nine-mile chase at speeds up to 110 ...
- LA Times, Iraq Policy, and the Joys of Blogging: I got up a little early this morning because I knew there would be a lot to digest in the LAT’s analysis of the President’s speech. I was ...